Mother’s Day is a celebration of all the hard work moms do everyday.
RIVA moms serve as role models of success, and exemplify the hard work and dedication necessary to excel in a fast paced business environment. These women are an integral part of RIVA culture, and we are honored to tell their story on Mother’s Day.
In honor of Mother’s Day, we are excited to introduce: Gwyn, Kaitlyn, and Ashlie!
Job Title: Program Manager
HQ or Contract: USDA
Number of Children: 2
“I have two children; my daughter Alycia is 23 years old and my son Anderson is 7”
- What is your favorite Mother’s Day memory?: I don't have one favorite memory to share but rather, anytime my son tells me he loves me and he's glad I'm his mom, it melts my heart. And anytime my daughter texts me to tell me how much she loves and appreciates me, my heart melts. With these two, my cup truly runneth over.
- What are your plans for this Mother’s Day 2021: This is the first year of many that my daughter will be with us on Mother's Day. I plan to spend it with my kids, maybe playing tennis, lunch somewhere or just spending time together.
- What's the hardest thing about being a mom? The hardest part of being a mom is never feeling like I'm doing enough as well as wanting to shield them from any pain or hurt they will endure, but realizing that I can't always do that. What's the best thing?: The best thing about being a mom is just the love I feel from my kids. They truly are the light of my life.
- Tips for uninterrupted zoom calls: HA...never going to happen :)
- Tips for balancing work life and home life: I'm still working on this one, but I do try to step away from the computer in the evening and either go for a walk with my son, a bike ride or just hang out with him and listen to his crazy stories. For a 7 year old, he's very funny :)
Name: Kaitlyn Cumber
Job Title: Senior Contracts Associate
HQ or Contract: HQ
Number of Children: 1
- What is your favorite Mother’s Day memory?: We always go to brunch for Mother's Day, and it's so special to be able to do that with my mom, sister, and now daughter, Mia.
- What are your plans for this Mother’s Day 2021: Brunch and a trip to the zoo if the weather cooperates
- What's the hardest thing about being a mom? What's the best thing?: Hardest - juggling it all as a single mom, but you just make it happen. Best thing - the way they look at you as if you're the best thing in the world.
- Tips for uninterrupted zoom calls: Daycare
- Tips for balancing work life and home life: Get up early, get the important things done first, step away when needed, and remember that work will always be there, but this time with your babies won't, so enjoy it.
Name: Ashlie Strackbein
Job Title: Client Delivery Engagement Manager
HQ or Contract:
Number of Children: 3 (Ages 4, 8, and 11)
- What is your favorite Mother’s Day memory?: First Mother's Day with all 3 of our girls, we had a picnic at the park!
- What are your plans for this Mother’s Day 2021: Planning to relax for most of the day and take our "middle" daughter to travel soccer tryouts.
Don’t forget to hug your mother and tell her how much you appreciate all the things that she does. Happy Mother’s Day!
Your blog post content here…